Wednesday 5 November 2014

Final Post This Year :) :(


Year 9 Creative Media Animation Project – Term 4

Animation Unit: Self-reflection and project evaluation:


Discuss your feelings about the production task:
·      Are you satisfied with the final result?
Yes, I think I am very satisfied with my final result.
·      Did the animation process require more or less time than you originally thought?
No, unlike previous assignments, this one was perfectly planned and I finished the iBook just on time.
·      Would like to change any aspects of your final project (style of animation, the concept etc.)?
I think I would maybe want to find a better title because I couldn’t think of any good ones whilst I was making it so I just used The Baby Panda.
·      If you could start the project again what would you do differently?
 If I were to start the project again, I would maybe change the background of the animation and give it a more parchment feel. I wanted to do that at the start but I had trouble finding good water colour pictures that worked together.
Respond to each of the following dot points (using complete sentences or paragraphs). You should include as much detail as possible in your responses.

·      Discuss whether your final animation has turned out the way you imagined?
Yes, my final iBook turned out the way I imagined because I wanted the design to be quite simple so it doesn’t interfere with the message.
·      Discuss whether you had to modify any elements of your original concept and planning to create your project;
I had to modify my the use of faint, water colour bamboo forest pictures but other than that, I didn’t really have to change anything.
·      Explain how your animation skills developed during the project (i.e. did you become more efficient?; did the quality of your animation improve?; did you have to use a variety of animation techniques? etc);
I think my skills in iBook Authors developed quite a bit because at the start of the term, I hadn’t even opened the application once before.
·      Describe any problems or difficulties you encountered during the animation process. (These may include; technical difficulties, corrupt or missing files, difficulty using the editing software, problems exporting etc.)
I didn’t really encounter any difficulties throughout the entire course of the iBook because it’s a much simpler unit than photoshop or animation so there were really any opportunities to make mistakes…
·      Explain if you made effective use of storyboards and scene planning/breakdown?
Yes, I think I made effective use of storyboards and scene planning because at the start, before I started making my iBook, I broke my animation up into 10 scenes and that is all the scenes in my iBook, with no alteration.
·      Describe whether your planning assisted or helped you to focus during the animation process;
My planning definitely helped me focus during the construction process of my iBook because for each chapter, I had to write a description to go along with the video. So, everytime I just rewatched the scene and retold the story.
·      Describe any time-management issues you or your group came across during the project and describe the steps you took to improve in this area;
I didn’t come across any time-management issues.
·      List any other software skills, animation techniques, tricks or shortcuts you have learned during the project.
In iBooks author, I learnt that changing the name of a section meant that it changed automatically in the contents. I learnt how to put media into each chapter and how to create the line that is in the middle of my pages. Overall, I learnt how to use iBook Author.

No comments:

Post a Comment