Thursday 20 March 2014

Getting Started!

Finally I got started on my semi-new idea today!

So after last lesson, I had a thought about my idea and decided that I wanted to keep the 'whole' ice idea but change some aspects of it. Instead of putting myself into/onto and iceberg, I am going to put me into ice. I want to take a picture of my face melt it into the surface of ice so it looks like I'm trapped below the surface. Then, after that, I want to line flames up at the bottom of the picture and make the ice look like it was melting by using liquify. Afterwards, I would rub the area of the picture above the flames out using 20-30% opacity and flow, raising both by 10% the further I rub up the picture. This is symbolizing that the ice is melting and revealing my true personality. It doesn't necessarily mean that I have a 'fake' surface, it just means that sometimes I may seem a way on the outside but is actually feeling another way inside.

So, I did some searching on the internet to put myself behind and didn't really find suitable pictures; some of the ones I found were alright but none were perfect for my idea:



After searching for 'snow caves' or 'snow', I resorted to searching 'ice background textures' and found this ^^ picture and the picture below. I debated on which one to use and decided to use the blue one because I think it looks better and will probably have a better effect in the overall design.


Next, I tried to find pictures of flames that I could place at the bottom of the ice picture ^^ to make it look like it's burning..... the choices were limited since most of the flames were either full screen or looked fake. In the end, I found this one:


No comments:

Post a Comment