Tuesday 2 September 2014

Sounds with Eliza

Rightio, I came into media today thinking that I would record my sound effects alone.....but when I asked for snoring noises on the computer from Mr Powell, I quickly realised I needed a buddy to record with me.

I asked Eliza to help and she kindly agreed :)

We first went into the OS rooms to record the snoring, then, for the panda footsteps, Eiza gathered some dead leaves and bought them onto a desk in the classroom so we could tap on it to create the sound of walking. But, the sound wasn't realistic enough so we decided to go outside and actually walk in the garden. This proved to be really good and we had the panda footsteps in no time.

Then, we had to do the hunter footsteps and because the hunter came from far away and then came near, Eliza started off away from me and when I started recording, she walked towards the computer to create the feeling of the footsteps coming nearer. We also did the same thing for when the hunter was walking away :)

For the deforestation part, I just chose a random stick and started rubbing on the dead branches on trees, creating the effect of saws cutting down trunks.

To be honest, I think the sound lesson was actually the most fun I've had during the construction of this assignment because it was really interesting what we could do to create different sounds and also, I was working with my friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment