Tuesday 19 August 2014

Background Changed

Ok, so remember how I talked about my friends criticizing that my background looked weird? Well, I've got to admit, it kind of does......I've realised that I can't actually COPY and trace the real picture because it will just look unreal. Like, the brush and shade of colours on Animation-ish can't compare to the colours in real life so I can't just depend on matching the colours and hope that it looks good, I actually have to think and decided which colours to use to make it look better.

Also, last time, I just coloured in the ground without filling in lighter areas and shadows etc. so it just looks like a big blob of paint that was carelessly thrown on.  So, to fix this, I rubbed out the entire ground and chose two colours that I was going to use for the ground. I used two light shades of green, both lighter than the bamboo colour and the other more yellowish than green. In order to make it look 'real', I decided to colour in the lighter areas with little brush strokes and the darker areas with the darker colour. I had to debate whether or not I was going to colour in the entire gound or just do little 'strokes',  I tried the 'strokes' out and in the end, I decided to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment